Right here’s each tune on ‘The Little Mermaid’ soundtrack
The soundtrack for Disney’s remake of The Little Mermaid has been launched – test it out beneath.
Directed by Rob Marshall (Chicago), the live-action remake stars Halle Bailey as Ariel, alongside Jonah Hauer-King as Eric, Daveed Diggs because the voice of Sebastian, Awkwafina because the voice of Scuttle and Jacob Tremblay because the voice of Flounder.
Different forged members embrace Javier Bardem as King Triton, Melissa McCarthy as Ursula and Noma Dumezweni as new character Queen Selina, who’s Eric’s mom.
Who composed the soundtrack for The Little Mermaid?
Alan Menken, who scored and co-wrote songs for the 1989 unique, returned to compose the soundtrack for the remake. Together with transforming unique classics, Menken co-wrote 4 new songs with Lin-Manuel Miranda (Hamilton, In The Heights).
These 4 new songs embrace a rap-led monitor referred to as ‘The Scuttlebutt’ for Awkwafina, a brand new tune for Ariel titled ‘For The First Time’ and Prince Eric’s ‘Wild Uncharted Waters’.
You may try the total tracklist and stream the soundtrack beneath.
- ‘Triton’s Kingdom’ – Alan Menken
- ‘Half Of Your World’ – Halle
- ‘Fathoms Beneath’ – Jonah Hauer-King, John Dagleish, Christopher Fairbank
- ‘Half Of Your World (Reprise)’ – Halle
- ‘Below The Sea’ – Daveed Diggs
- ‘Wild Uncharted Waters’ – Jonah Hauer-King
- ‘Poor Unlucky Souls’ – Melissa McCarthy
- ‘For The First Time’ – Halle
- ‘Kiss The Lady’ – Daveed Diggs, Awkwafina, Jacob Tremblay
- ‘The Scuttlebutt’ – Awkwafina, Daveed Diggs
- ‘Eric’s Resolution’ – Alan Menken
- ‘Vanessa’s Trick’ – Alan Menken
- ‘Half Of Your World (Reprise II)’ – Halle
- ‘Kiss The Lady (Island Band Reprise)’ – Alan Menken
- ‘Finale’ – Alan Menken
Chatting with Deadline about including a brand new tune for Ariel, Marshall mentioned: “Ariel had one tune, and we needed to hear extra from her, despite the fact that she loses her voice to grow to be a human. We got here up with this concept: what’s she feeling when she first comes on land? And so John DeLuca and myself and David Magee got here up with this concept for a tune referred to as ‘For The First Time’, which allowed a full montage of her experiences on land.
“We discovered a tune for Scuttlebutt, written for Awkwafina, who’s actually humorous and likewise a beautiful rap artist too.”